Coconut Mummy Truffles
Yield: 12 truffles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
For the Filling:
- ¼ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Place the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook just until bubbles begin to form around the edges.
- Place the ¼ cup white baking chips in a medium bowl.
- Pour the hot cream over the chips and stir until melted.
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut extract (if using), and salt. Stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the coconut mixture evenly into 12 small balls. Place on the cookie sheet and place in the freezer to harden while you melt the chocolate.
- Place the 1 cup white chips in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Drop the coconut balls, one at a time, into the melted chips, then remove with a fork.
- Tap the ball firmly to remove the excess melted white chips, then return to the cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining truffles.
- Press 2 sprinkles into each truffle to make eyes.
- Transfer the remaining melted white chips to a piping bag or small zip-top bag and cut off the tip of the bag.
- Pipe stripes onto each ball to make mummy bandages.
- Return to the refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.