Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Donuts
Yield: 6 donuts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes (+ 30 minutes cooling)
- 1/2 cup Bake Believe ™ Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/3 cup Bake Believe ™ White Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup monk fruit erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup keto-friendly sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Place a silicone donut pan on a baking sheet. Grease cavities if not using silicone. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, butter, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add milk chocolate baking chips and fold into batter.
- Fill cavities of prepared donut pan about 3/4 full with batter. Transfer baking sheet with donut pan to oven and bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to cool completely before topping.
- Place white chocolate baking chips in a resealable bag and microwave at 15 second intervals, massaging bag between each interval, until chips are melted.
- Once donuts are cooled, snip a small corner off the resealable bag and carefully pipe melted white chocolate baking chips onto donuts. Top with keto-friendly sprinkles if desired.