Poached Pears with Chocolate
Yield: 6 Poached Pears
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 (9 ounce) Bag Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 ½ cups red wine*
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 6 All spice berries
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 firm pears, peeled with stems remaining
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place wine, orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine, then add cinnamon sticks, all spice berries, and cloves. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and add pears. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until pears are tender, rotating the pears a few times during poaching.
- Remove from heat and let rest in the liquid for 10 minutes. Store pears for up to 1 day in poaching liquid in refrigerator. When ready to serve, remove from liquid and transfer to a plate. Use a paper towel to blot each of the pears dry.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Melt over a double boiler or in the microwave on low power, stirring every 15 to 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Place a sheet of parchment paper on your work surface.
- Dip each pear halfway into chocolate then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set and enjoy.
*Dry red wine will produce a less sweet poached pear