Peanut Butter-Chocolate Pudding Pie
Yield: 16 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours, 35 minutes
For the Crust:
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Confectioners Swerve
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Confectioners Swerve
- ¾ cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream, divided
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 1 ½ ounces Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Bar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup Swerve
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ ounce Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Bar, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the crust.
- Press the crust ingredients into the bottom of the springform pan, pressing it ½-inch up the sides.
- Bake the crust until aromatic, about 10 minutes.
- Place the crust in the freezer to chill while you make the peanut butter layer.
- Put a medium bowl in the freezer to chill.
- In another medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, Confectioners Swerve, peanut butter, and ¼ cup of the heavy cream with an electric mixer until well mixed and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ⅓ of the heavy cream to the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until medium peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and beat with an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly on top of the prepared crust.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator while you make the chocolate pudding layer.
- Combine the almond milk and 1 cup heavy cream in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin on top of the almond milk and cream, then allow to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Place the cream mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes very hot and begins to steam. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, beat together the ¾ cup Swerve, egg yolks, xanthan gum, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Continue beating until the mixture becomes very well mixed.
- Add a small amount of the hot liquid to the egg yolk mixture while whisking briskly.
- Continue this until all of the cream mixture has been mixed into the egg yolk mixture.
- Return the cream and yolk mixture to the stove over a medium-low heat.
- Whisk continually until the pudding thickens slightly. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 1 ½ ounces semi-sweet bar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir until the butter and semi-sweet bar have melted.
- Place the saucepan in an ice bath and stir until the mixture is lukewarm.
- Pour the chocolate pudding over the peanut butter layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press the wrap down onto the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill the pie until the chocolate layer has firmed, about 4 hours.
- Run a small knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the edges.
- Slice the pie into 16 slices and sprinkle with the ½ ounce of semi-sweet baking bar.