Bake Believe’s Paleo Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 12 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 27 minutes
For the Salted Caramel:
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup date syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ½ cup ghee, softened
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- To make the caramel: In a food processor or high speed blender, combine cashew butter, date syrup, coconut cream, and salt. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat ghee and sugar on medium speed 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until just combined.
- Add almond flour, salt, and baking soda and beat 1 minute, until dough forms.
- Add dark chocolate baking chips and gently fold into dough. Drizzle in the caramel, and stir to distribute, keeping swirls visible. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form dough into 12 balls, about 2-3 tablespoons per ball. Set on prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie. Gently press to flatten each cookie to about 1 inch thick.
- Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake 10-12 minutes, swapping racks halfway through, until golden.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until completely cool. Enjoy.