Bake Believe’s Paleo Friendly Chocolate Ganache Cookie Sandwiches (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
Yield: 16 cookies
- Prep Time: 18 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 36 minutes
For the Cookies:
- ¾ cups coconut sugar, divided
- ½ cup fine almond flour
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- â…› teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- ¼ cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips, melted
- ¼ cup coconut cream, chilled
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Prepare a piping bag with a large tip. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg whites, vanilla extract, and salt for 3-4 minutes on medium-high speed, until fluffy. Increase speed to high and beat another 6-8 minutes.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, process coconut sugar until a fine powder forms. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Sift almond flour into coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Sift mixture one more time.
- Transfer whipped egg whites to almond flour mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Transfer mixture to prepared piping bag. Pipe 1 inch circles onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between cookies. Gently tap pan on counter to pop any air bubbles.
- Transfer to the oven for 16-18 minutes, until golden. Cool completely before filling.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat coconut cream until fluffy. Add melted semi-sweet baking chips and continue to beat until combined.
- Top 8 of the cookies with the ganache filling then top with remaining 8 cookies to create a sandwich. Store in the refrigerator or enjoy immediately.