Bake Believe’s No Sugar Added, Low Carb Glazed Chinese Five Spice Donuts (Gluten Free)
Yield: 12 donuts
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cooling Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
For the Donuts:
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- â…” cup xylitol
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Glaze & Garnish:
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- â…” cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- â…› teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter 2 donut baking pans that hold 6 donuts each.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, xylitol, baking powder, 5 spice, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together the 1 stick melted butter, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Spoon the donut batter into the pans, filling each one ¾ of the way full. Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow the donuts to cool for 10 minutes, then carefully remove the donuts from the pans using a rubber spatula. If they are difficult to remove, pop them back in the oven for another 3 minutes and try again. Place the donuts on a cooling rack and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place the heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring frequently, just until the butter is melted. Place the white baking chips and salt in a small heat-proof bowl. Pour the hot cream over the white baking chips and stir until melted. Place the white glaze in an ice bath and stir until cooled and thickened.
- Dip the donuts, one at a time, into the glaze and sprinkle with 5 spice. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy.