Bake Believe’s Low Carb White Eggnog
Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- ½ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup monk fruit sweetener like Lakanto
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup white rum or bourbon (optional)
- In a medium bowl, beat together the egg yolks and monk fruit sweetener until it becomes a light yellow.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the almond milk, cinnamon, and cloves over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pot. Add a small amount of the hot almond milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture while whisking constantly. Repeat this process until you have whisked all of the almond milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Return the egg yolk and almond milk mixture back to the saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then whisk in the white chips until they melt completely.
- Stir in the heavy cream, nutmeg, and vanilla. Strain the mixture into a pitcher, cover, and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. Stir in the rum or bourbon, if using and serve garnished with additional nutmeg, if desired. Enjoy.