Bake Believe’s Low Carb Black and White New Year’s Eve Tart (Gluten Free)
Yield: 16 servings
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup confectioners Swerve
- 5 tablespoons melted plus 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, divided
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 1 ½ cups Bake Believe™ Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup Bake Believe™ White Baking Chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups plus ½ cup heavy cream, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, confectioners Swerve, 5 tablespoons melted butter, cocoa powder, almond extract, and salt. Firmly press the mixture into a 9-inch tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Place the 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of the butter, and 2 cups heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. (alternatively use a double boiler)
- Pour ½ of the melted dark chocolate mixture into the bottom of the prepared crust and tap to evenly distribute. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the white chocolate layer.
- Melt together the 1 cup white chips, the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, and ½ cup heavy cream using the double boiler or microwave method above. Place the white chocolate mixture in a bowl over another larger bowl of cold water. Stir until the mixture thickens. If the remaining ½ of the dark chocolate mixture has become firm, place over the double boiler for a few minutes or microwave for 10 seconds and stir until melted. If it begins to separate, heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it comes back together. You want the white chocolate and dark chocolate mixture to be about the same thickness to achieve the most attractive tart.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture over the chilled dark chocolate layer. Spoon the remaining dark chocolate mixture on top of the white chocolate mixture to make several dots on the tart. Drag a toothpick through the dark chocolate dots to create a swirl on top.
- Place the tart in the refrigerator until the chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. Slice using a hot knife and enjoy.