Bake Believe’s Keto & Paleo Chocolate Mint Girl Scout Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
For the Cookie:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, softened
- ½ cup Swerve
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ⅓ cups almond flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Coating:
- 2 cups Bake Believe™ Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and Swerve until fluffy with an electric mixer. Add the egg and ½ teaspoon peppermint extract and beat until well combined.
- Sift the almond flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt into the butter mixture and mix to form a stiff dough. Roll half of the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper until ¼-inch thick.
- Using a 2-inch circle cutter, cut out 12 cookies. Repeat the process with the other half of the dough. Place the cut out cookies onto the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, then allow to cool for 10 minutes. Place the baked cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place the 2 cups of Bake Believe Semi-Sweet chips, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and 1 ½ teaspoon peppermint extract in a small heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip the cookies, one at a time, into the melted semi-sweet chip mixture and drain using a fork. Place back on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Freeze the cookies for 10 minutes. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator. For a snappy texture, store in the freezer!