Bake Believe’s Keto Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Serving size: ½ sandwich
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 35 minutes (+ 4 hours cooling)
For the ice cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered keto sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon MCT oil
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds only (optional)
For the cookies
- 1/3 cup Bake Believe ™ Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup monk fruit erythritol sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- To make the ice cream: In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream 2-3 minutes on medium-high until fluffy. Add sweetener, vanilla extract, MCT oil, and vanilla bean seeds (optional). Continue to beat until combined and fluffy. Transfer to a loaf pan then freeze for 4 hours, or until solidified.
- To make the cookies: Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sweetener on medium speed until combined and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir to distribute throughout dough.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheet to make 8 cookies. Slightly flatten with the back of a spatula.
- Transfer to oven and bake 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove and cool completely before assembling sandwiches.
- To make sandwiches: Scoop ice cream onto one cookie then top with remaining cookie to make 4 sandwiches