Hot Chocolate Bombs
Yield: 6 Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
For the Hot Chocolate Mix:
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 ½ tablespoons unflavored whey protein powder
- 3 ½ tablespoons Swerve
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
To Make the Bombs:
- 1 ½ cups Bake Believe® Chocolate Melting Wafers
- ½ cup Bake Believe® White Melting Wafers
- 3 keto-friendly marshmallows, each cut into quarters
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the hot chocolate mix.
- Set aside.
- To make the hot chocolate bombs, you will need 2 silicone half-sphere molds with 6 (2-inch) wells in each. You should have a total of 12 wells.
- Place the 1 ½ cups of chocolate wafers in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the melted wafers into a well of one of the molds
- Using a clean paintbrush, brush any excess chocolate from the measuring spoon into the well.
- Brush the melted wafers up the sides of the well until completely covered.
- Repeat with the remaining wells.
- Place the molds on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator until hardened, about 10 minutes
- Repeat the process by brushing 1 teaspoon more of melted wafers on each well to make a second coat.
- If the melted wafers begin to harden, place the bowl back in the microwave for 30 seconds or more to melt again.
- Place the half-sphere molds back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, once again, to harden.
- Carefully remove the hardened half-spheres from the molds.
- Place a small skillet over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes or until warmed.
- Place one of the half-spheres on a shot glass to create a stand.
- Fill the half-sphere with 1 tablespoon of hot chocolate mix followed by 4 marshmallow pieces.
- Break the marshmallow pieces up into smaller pieces if they don’t fit.
- Place another half-sphere, with the edges facing down, onto the warmed skillet for just a few seconds until it begins to melt.
- Press the two half-spheres together with the melted side touching the edge of the other piece.
- Repeat this process with the other half-spheres, hot chocolate mix, and marshmallows.
- Place the remaining melted wafers into a piping bag and make a small cut to remove the tip of the bag.
- Carefully pipe a line around the seam of each hot chocolate bomb, then immediately smooth with your finger.
- Place the white melting wafers in a small heat-proof bowl and microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Transfer the melted white wafers to a piping bag and make a small cut to remove the tip of the bag.
- Pipe a white zigzag onto each hot chocolate bomb to decorate.
- Enjoy right away or wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to use, heat ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk until it just starts to boil.
- Place the hot chocolate bomb in a mug and slowly pour the hot milk over the bomb.