Bake Believe’s Halloween Cheesecake Swirl Brownies (Keto Friendly)
Yield: 9 brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cooling Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours (includes cooling time)
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons xylitol granules
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- orange food coloring, as desired
For the Brownie Layer:
- ½ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup xylitol granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment comes over the sides so that the brownies are easy to lift out of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 6 tablespoons xylitol with an electric mixer. Add the 1 egg and blend until incorporated. Add the 1 teaspoon vanilla and food coloring and blend once more to combine. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate baking chips and coconut oil. Alternatively, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- In another medium bowl, beat together the 2 eggs, ½ cup xylitol, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the eggs become light and fluffy. Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt (if using) to the egg mixture and beat on a low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the melted dark chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, a little at a time, beating after each addition. Pour 3/4 of the brownie mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Stir the cream cheese mixture and spoon on top of the brownie layer, spreading to form another even layer. Spoon the remaining brownie batter onto the cream cheese layer, forming 4 circles. Drag a butter knife through the pan, swirling the brownie and cream cheese layers together.
- Bake until the edges begin to puff and the middle is slightly jiggly, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely, at least 3 hours. Cut with a hot knife into 9 bars and enjoy.