Flourless Fudge Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream
Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Bake Time: 25 minutes
- Cooling time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour ,15 minutes
For the cake
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Monk fruit granulated sugar alternative
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
For the topping
- 2 tablespoons Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Monk fruit granulated sugar alternative
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fresh strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the bottom and sides of pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine chocolate chips, butter, and sugar alternative. Melt using a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until melted and smooth.
- Mix in eggs then fold in the cocoa powder. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the pan, carefully remove cake and transfer to a serving plate. Let cake cool for another 15 minutes before adding the topping.
For the topping:
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla and sugar alternative. Using an electric mixer, beat or whip on medium-high speed until stiff peaks have formed. Transfer to top of cake in an even layer. Place strawberries on top and enjoy. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler or in the microwave in 20 to 30 seconds increments, stirring in between each, until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over strawberries and enjoy!