Dark Chocolate-Strawberry Hi-Hat Cupcakes
Yield: 9 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
For the Cupcake:
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee
- ¼ cup Swerve
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons keto-friendly strawberry jam
For the Frosting:
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup Confectioners Swerve
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1 tablespoon slices
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
For the Dip:
- 8 ounces Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with 9 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, instant coffee, Swerve, almond milk, and vanilla for the cupcakes.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt then whisk together thoroughly.
- Evenly distribute the cupcake batter among the 9 cupcake papers.
- Bake the cupcakes until no longer jiggly in the middle, about 17 minutes.
- Set the cupcakes aside to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Cut a hole in the top of each cupcake, making a small well.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam into each cupcake.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a very low simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the egg whites and Confectioners Swerve to a clean stand mixer bowl.
- Place the bowl over the hot water and whisk until it reaches 150°F.
- Beat the egg whites at a medium-high speed until the egg whites reach 90°F.
- Add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all the butter is mixed in.
- Add the vanilla and salt and mix on low speed.
- Place the freeze-dried strawberries in a food process and blend until they become a powder.
- Add this to your frosting and mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
- If your frosting separates, place it over the pan of simmering water to warm it up slightly and whip again.
- If your frosting is too soupy, refrigerate for about 10 minutes, then whip again.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes using a large, round tip.
- Place the cupcakes in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Place the dark bar and coconut oil in a glass that is tall enough to fit the frosting of the cupcake.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted.
- Dip the frosting of the cupcakes into the melted chocolate, leaving the cupcake uncovered.
- Shake gently to remove any excess chocolate.
- Place the cupcakes in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Enjoy right away or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Allow the cupcakes to warm at room temperature for about 15 minutes before enjoying.