Bake Believe’s Dark Chocolate & Pistachio Skillet Cookie (Paleo)
Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and coconut sugar on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until creamy. Stop to scrape down sides as needed.
- Add egg, and egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat 1 minute on medium speed, until combined.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat 1-2 minutes, until dough forms.
- Fold in dark chocolate baking chips and pistachios with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer mixture to prepared skillet and spread into an even layer.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake 18-20 minutes, until edges are set and cookie is golden. Center will still be slightly soft.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into eight slices and enjoy.