Bake Believe’s Chocolate Pecan Pie (Paleo/Keto Friendly)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- (Cooling Time: 2 hours 30 minutes)
For the Crust:
- ½ cup ghee, cold
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon monkfruit sweetener (granulated)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- 1 cup keto-friendly maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup monkfruit sweetener (granulated)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups raw pecans, divided
To make the crust:
- In a food processor, combine ghee, almond flour, coconut flour, monkfruit, vanilla extract, egg, and salt. Transfer dough to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place dough between two large sheets of parchment paper and roll into a 9-10-inch circle. Carefully transfer to pie pan and press into sides. Trim excess. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom and up the sides. Transfer to refrigerator for another 10 minutes.
To make the filling:
- In a large bowl, mix together syrup, eggs, monkfruit, ghee, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Roughly chop 1 1/2 cups of pecans, reserving remaining 1/2 cup for topping.
- Add 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips and chopped pecans to bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust. Arrange remaining pecans on top. Cover pie crust edges with foil to prevent burning.
- Transfer to oven and bake 55-65 minutes, until center no longer jiggles.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted.. Drizzle chocolate over top of pie.
- Allow to cool 1 hour then transfer to refrigerator for an additional hour. Enjoy.