Bake Believe’s Coconut-Almond Witch Fingers (Paleo/Keto Friendly)
Yield: 10 fingers
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
For the Chocolate-Almond Layer:
- â…” cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons whole almonds, very finely chopped
- â…› teaspoon salt (optional)
For the Coconut Layer:
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon powdered stevia
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- green food coloring, as needed
- 3 tablespoons Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 10 whole almonds
- Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment comes over the sides so that the witch fingers are easy to lift out of the dish.
- In a double boiler, melt 2/3 cup semi-sweet baking chips and coconut oil. Alternatively, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- Add the 6 tablespoons very finely chopped almonds to the melted semi-sweet chips and stir to combine. Spread the chocolate and almond mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Place in the refrigerator to harden slightly while you make the coconut layer.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the coconut layer. Blend until you form a paste, but with some coconut flakes left for texture. Spoon the coconut mixture onto the semi-sweet layer and spread evenly, pressing the coconut layer into the semi-sweet layer. Using a butter knife, slice lengthwise into 5 slices, then cut crosswise down the middle to form 10 long witch fingers. Place in the refrigerator to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut along the lines with a sharp knife. Melt the 3 tablespoons of semi-sweet chips using the microwave or double boiler method above. Transfer the melted semi-sweet chips to a small zip top bag, push the melted chips to one of the corners of the bag and snip of a small portion of the tip of the corner to make a piping bag.
- Pipe a dollop of melted semi-sweet chips at the end of each witch finger and top with an almond to form a fingernail. Pipe some wrinkles on the fingers and trim the corners from the end of the bar where the fingernail is to make the bar appear more rounded, like a finger.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy.