Chocolate Mousse Cups
Yield: 6 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
For the Chocolate Cups:
For the Mousse:
- ⅔ cup Bake Believe® White Melting Wafers
- ⅓ cup plus ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups fresh berries
- Line a cupcake pan with 6 paper liners. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Set aside 1 chocolate melting wafer to use later.
- Place the ¾ cup chocolate melting wafers in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate wafers into one of the paper cupcake liners.
- Using a clean paintbrush, scrape any excess chocolate from the measuring spoon.
- Paint the melted chocolate wafers up the sides of the cupcake paper, making sure to create a solid layer up the sides of the cups.
- Repeat with the remaining cups.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator until hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully peel away the paper liners to reveal a chocolate cup.
- If the cups break on the side, you can use some of the melted chocolate wafers to glue them back together.
- Place the ⅔ cup white melting wafers and ⅓ cup heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the melted white wafer mixture and beat until well combined. Set aside.
- Place a medium bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- Pour the ¾ cup heavy cream in the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until medium peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe the mousse into the chocolate cups.
- Place the chocolate cups in an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until the mousse has become firm, about 2 hours.
- Using the chocolate melting wafer that you set aside, grate a small amount onto each cup.
- Top the cups with fresh berries and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.