Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
Yield: ~25 marshmallows
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooling Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours, 25 minutes
For the Marshmallow:
- ½ plus â…” cup water
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup xylitol
- â…› teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the Chocolate Dip:
- 2 cups Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and grease with coconut oil.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, whisk together the ½ cup of water and 3 tablespoons gelatin.
- Place the bowl in the stand mixer with a whisk attachment and allow to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Place the xylitol in a medium saucepan and pour the remaining â…” cup water over the xylitol.
- Place over a high heat and allow to come to a rolling boil without stirring.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Working quickly so as to not lose too much heat, turn the mixer to a medium-low speed and slowly pour the hot xylitol mixture into the gelatin, trying to avoid the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the mixer to a high speed and whip for 8 minutes.
- Add in the salt and whip 4 minutes more on high speed.
- Add the vanilla and beat for 3 minutes more.
- Quickly transfer the marshmallow mixture to the prepared baking dish without scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and allow to sit and dry for at least 6 hours.
- After the marshmallows have cured, cut using a large knife greased with coconut oil.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each marshmallow to make pops or use one stick to dip all of the marshmallows.
- Place the 2 cups dark baking chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a medium heat-proof bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, then dip each marshmallow into the chocolate, spooning it onto the top. Remove from the chocolate and allow to drain. You may also use a fork to scrape away excess chocolate.
- Transfer the marshmallows to the lined cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or zip top bag.