Chocolate Covered Coffee Spoons
Yield: ~8 spoons
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside 8 clean metal spoons.
- Pour the chocolate melting wafers into a small, heat-proof bowl. Do the same with the white melting wafers.
- Place the bowls in the microwave and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip a spoon into the melted chocolate wafers, scooping chocolate into the spoon to fill it.
- Scrape the spoon on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess from the bottom.
- Place the spoon on the cookie sheet, placing it on the edge so that the chocolate doesn’t spill from the spoon.
- Repeat this process with the remaining spoons, dipping 4 in the melted chocolate wafers and dipping 4 in the melted white wafers.
- Place the bowls back in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to reheat the melting wafers.
- Transfer the remaining melted wafers to 2 separate piping bags.
- Cut the tip from the piping bags and pipe decorative designs onto the spoons.
- Place the spoons in the refrigerator to chill just until hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Store the spoons in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- To use, stir into a cup of very hot coffee until melted.