Chocolate & Coffee Raspberry Cake
Recipe by My Trim Kitchen
Yield: 8 – 10 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes (includes decorating)
- Bake Time: 25 â€“ 30 minutes
- Total Time: 70 – 80 minutes
Raspberry Ingredients for the Cake
- 3/4 cup Bake Believe Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 5 tablespoon of strong coffee
- 4 large eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sweetener (example: Pyure)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two 7-inch spring form pans with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl heat baking chips and coffee until baking chips are melted, in 30 second increments (should take about 1 1/2 minutes). Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl beat egg yolks until creamy (about 1 minute), add the sweetener and beat until yolks are pale, 2-3 minutes. Blend in cocoa powder and using a spatula gently stir in the melted chocolate. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes
- Gently fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans. (digital scale can be helpful)
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake. The cake layers are very fragile so carefully separate from the sides of the pan. Allow the cake layers to cool while you are working on the rest of the steps.
Ingredients for the Whipped Cream Frosting and Jam
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon sweetener
- 1/4 cup PolanerAll Fruit raspberry jam
- Add all ingredients, beside the jam into a medium size bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside while working on the ganache.
Ingredients for Ganache
- 1/4 cup Bake Believe Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 4 tablespoons half & half (start out with 2 tbsp)
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt Semi-Sweet baking chips in 30 second increments, about 1 minute or until the chocolate is melted. Add 2 tablespoons of half & half, mix well. If the ganache is overly thick add more half & half, one tablespoon at a time, mixing well between each addition. Ganache should be smooth and creamy.
- Gently place one cake layer onto a cake stand or plate. For a cleaner finish cut 2-inch strips of wax paper and gently tuck it under the cake before frosting it, at the end remove the wax paper quickly. This will help keep the cake stand clean.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the cake layer.
- Take about 1/2 cup of the whipped cream frosting and spread over the jam. Gently and carefully place the second cake layer over the frosting.
- Cover the cake with frosting, try to get as an even finish as possible, leaving some frosting for decorating.
- Very carefully spread the chocolate ganache over the top of the cake and let some of it run over the sides, creating a drip effect.
- Decorate as desired with the remaining frosting. A 1M piping tip can be used to create swirls. Finish off the decoration by adding shaved chocolate on each swirl.