Chocolate Caramel Cookie Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes (+ 40 minutes cooling)
For the cookies:
- 1/4 cup Bake Believe ® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the caramel:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- To make the cookies: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk cacao, cassava, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat coconut oil and sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Add cacao mixture to wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Scoop 1 Tablespoon dough and roll into a ball. Arrange on prepared cookie sheet, leaving 1 inch between cookies.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes on pan. Transfer to cooling rack and cool an additional 20 minutes.
- To make the caramel: In a small pot, combine coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and 1 Tablespoon water over medium heat. Simmer 15-18 minutes, stirring often, until caramelized and thickened. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes before assembling cookies.
- To assemble: Scoop 1 teaspoon caramel onto a cookie and top with another cookie.
- Melt dark chocolate baking chips in the microwave or on the stove.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate over cookie sandwiches. Set aside a few minutes until chocolate is set.