Bake Believe’s Almond Butter Cups with Candied Pecans
Recipe by My Trim Kitchen
Yield: 24 almond butter cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Total Time: 23-25 minutes
- 1/2 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp sweetener (such as Pyure)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (use a no added sugar almond butter)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Bake Believe White Baking Chips, chopped
- You will need a 24 cavity mini cupcake pan (or treat mold) and a cookie sheet that is a bit larger than the pan. Place the silicone pan on the cookie sheet and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup of Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Chips and 2 tbsp of sweetener in a small microwave safe bowl in 30-second increments.
- Add almond butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds and the melted chocolate to a food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until fully combined.
- Using a small melon scoop divide the chocolate mixture evenly. This mix will be used to fill the cupcake cavities or treat molds. Place the pan in the freezer to firm up while working on the next step.
- Add chopped pecans, 1 tbsp of sweetener and butter to a small saucepan and cook until the butter is golden brown. Whisk in 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Take the pan out of the freezer. Sprinkle shredded coconut over the chocolate, followed by the chopped Bake Believe® White Baking Chips. Finally, top with the White Baking Chips and the candied pecans and the remaining butter.
- Place pan back in the freezer for a couple more hours to completely firm up (freezing them helps them keep their shape). Pop the cups out of the pan and keep them stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.