Angel Food Cake with Milk Chocolate Ganache
Yield: 16 slices
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour (+ 20 minutes cooling)
For the ganache:
For the cake:
- 12 egg whites, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup monk fruit erythritol sweetener, confectioners™
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a Bundt pan. Set aside.
- To make the ganache: Melt chocolate baking chips in the microwave or on the stove. Add coconut cream and mix until completely combined. Set aside to top cake.
- To make the cake: In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip egg whites for 5 minutes on medium-high, until foamy. Add cream of tartar and sweetener then continue to to whip another 5 minutes, until stiff glossy peaks form. Add vanilla extract and whip until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk protein powder, arrowroot powder, and salt. Sprinkle half into bowl with egg whites and gently fold to combine. Add remaining dry ingredients and continue to fold until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Gently scoop batter into prepared pan. Transfer to oven and bake 35-45 minutes, until golden.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper over a cooling rack. When cake is ready, remove from oven and immediately invert onto prepared cooling rack. Cool 20 minute.
- Slice into 16 slices. Top each slice with ganache and fresh berries (optional)