Low Carb, No Sugar Added Cake Pops
Yield: 9 cake pops
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
For the Cake:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Swerve
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
To Finish the Cake Pops:
- ½ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- ½ cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- ½ ounce cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Sugar-free sprinkles, as desired (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and butter generously.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, Swerve, vanilla, and instant coffee until well mixed.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer the cake batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until the cake is firm in the middle, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and set aside to cool completely.
- After the cake has cooled, crumble it into a medium bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese into the cake until completely mixed up. It will be like a firm dough.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 9 balls.
- Place white chips in a small heat-proof bowl or glass. Place the semi-sweet chips and coconut oil in another small heat-proof bowl or glass.
- Microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until both are melted.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the melted white chips, then insert into one of the cake balls.
- Repeat with 3 more sticks, then do the same with the melted semi-sweet chips using the remaining balls.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Place the cake pops on the lined cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, dip the cake pops in the melted chips.
- Tap the cake pops on the edge of the bowl to remove the excess melted chips.
- Immediately dip the cake pops in the sprinkles.
- Transfer the cake pops to the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes, or until hardened.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.