Bake Believe’s White Cranberry Mini Tarts (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
Yield: 12 mini tarts
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
For the Crust
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar alternative like Swerve Confectioners
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the White Filling
- 1 cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
For the Cranberry Topping
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar alternative like Swerve
- Zest of 1 orange
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Press the mixture into 12 mini tart pans, pressing up the sides. Place the tart crusts on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until they become lightly browned, about 7-9 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the heavy cream, 1 tablespoon butter, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Place the white baking chips in a heat-proof bowl. Whisk constantly until the butter melts. Pour the hot cream mixture over the white baking chips and whisk until the mixture is well combined.
- Place the melted white mixture in a piping bag and pipe into the 12 tart crusts. Transfer the tarts to the refrigerator to chill until hardened, about 1 hour. Using a toothpick, carefully remove the tarts from their pans.
- Place the cranberries, water, and granulated sweetener in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens to become a jam-like consistency. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the cooled cranberry mixture on top of the tarts. Sprinkle each tart with a little orange zest. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.