White Chocolate Lemon Bars
Yield: 16 bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 30 minutes (+ 3 hours cooling)
For the crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons monkfruit-erythritol sweetener, granulated
- ¼ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 1/4 cup Bake Believe ™ White Chocolate Baking Chips
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup monkfruit-erythritol sweetener, confectioners’
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, allowing excess to hang over sides. Set aside.
- To make the crust: In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, butter, egg, and salt. Stir until dough forms. Press dough into prepared baking dish. Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden.
- To make the filling: In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine eggs, almond flour, sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon extract. Beat 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
- Remove crust form oven and immediately pour filling over top. Carefully return to oven and bake 18-20 minutes, until filling is set.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle white chocolate baking chips over top. Cool completely on the countertop then transfer to the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Slice into 16 bars. Store in refrigerator.