White Chip Glazed Carrot Cake Roll
Yield: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours, 35 minutes
For the Cake:
- Confectioners Swerve for dusting
- 6 eggs, separated
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Swerve
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For the Glaze:
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 10-inch x 15-inch jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper, as well.
- Dust a large, clean kitchen towel generously with Confectioners Swerve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, almond flour, baking powder, 3 tablespoons Swerve, finely chopped pecans, cinnamon, shredded carrots, and ⅛ teaspoon salt until well combined.
- Place the egg whites in a medium, clean bowl and beat with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Transfer the cake batter to the prepared jelly roll plan and spread until even.
- Bake the cake in the oven until puffed in the middle, about 8 minutes.
- Gently run a knife along the edge of the cake.
- Carefully turn the cake onto the edge of the dusted kitchen towel.
- Gently roll the cake into the towel and allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- As the cake is cooling, make the filling.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 4 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, and ¾ cup Swerve until well mixed.
- Stir the vanilla and ⅛ teaspoon of salt into the filling.
- Gently unroll the cake and spread with the filling, leaving a ½-inch border around the cake.
- Reroll the cake, cover, and place in the refrigerator while you make the glaze.
- Place the white chips and heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl, then microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Place the glaze in the refrigerator to chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator, spread with the chilled glaze, and sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons chopped pecans.
- Return to the refrigerator to chill fully, for 1 hour more.
- Slice the cake, removing the ends, if desired and enjoy!