White Chocolate Flan
Yield: 3 (6-ounce) Flans
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Bake Believe™ White Baking Chips
- ¼ cup plus ¼ cup allulose, divided (do not substitute with other sweeteners)
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter 3 (6-ounce) ramekins and place them in a pan that can be used for a water bath later.
- Place ¼ cup of allulose and 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the allulose mixture until it turns a caramel brown color.
- Evenly distribute the allulose mixture among the ramekins and tilt them to coat the sides.
- In another small saucepan, combine the remaining ¼ cup water, 3 tablespoons white chips, ¾ cup heavy cream, and ¼ cup allulose.
- Place over a medium heat and whisk the mixture until the chips and allulose have melted.
- Allow the mixture to cool until it is just warm to the touch.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Evenly distribute the cream mixture among the 3 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in the water bath pan and place in the oven.
- Add enough hot water to the pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the flan until the middle is just slightly jiggly, about 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the flan from the water bath and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the flan to the refrigerator until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
- Run a knife along the edge of each ramekin and invert onto a small plate.