Bake Believe’s Better-for-You White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Yield: 16 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cane sugar (or your favorite alternative sweetener measured accordingly)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup Bake Believe™ White Baking Chips
- ½ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the white whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, and cornstarch. In another large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Drizzle the coconut oil into the wet ingredients while whisking. Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix to form a dough. Add the white baking chips and macadamia nuts. Stir again to incorporate. **We recommend saving some to place on top of the cookies after they’ve come out of the oven and rested for 2 – 3 minutes**
- Form the dough into 16 equally shaped balls, then pat until they are a little less than ½ inch thick. They will spread slightly, but mostly the dough retains its shape while baking. Place the dough on the cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes. The cookies will still be very soft. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy.