Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Yield: ~ 6 sandwiches
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
For the Waffle:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added almond butter
- 1 tablespoon Swerve
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, separated
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
To Finish the Ice Cream Sandwich:
- 2 cups Bake Believe® Chocolate Flavored Melting Wafers
- 1 ½ cups keto-friendly vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup chopped nuts or keto-friendly sprinkles
- Preheat a waffle iron to low heat and brush with butter.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and almond butter.
- Place over medium-low heat and stir until melted.
- Add the melted mixture to a large bowl and stir in the Swerve, almond milk, vanilla, and egg yolk.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixture and stir until completely combined.
- In a medium, clean bowl, beat the egg whites until you reach stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the waffle batter.
- Add the waffle batter to iron and cook until waffles are browned and cooked through.
- Set the waffles aside to cool completely, then cut each into 4 pieces.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of ice cream onto half of the waffles.
- Smooth the ice cream so that it spreads evenly on the waffles.
- Top the ice cream with the remaining waffles.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place back in the freezer to harden for about 2 hours.