Bake Believe’s Vegan, No Sugar Added Chai Hot Chocolate (Allergen Free)
Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 6 cups rice milk
- 4 chai tea bags
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener, (not monk fruit extract) such as Lakanto
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- â…› teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- â…› teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Pour the rice milk into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chai tea bags, cover, and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard.
- Place the dark chocolate chips, monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon, ground ginger, coconut oil, black pepper, and salt in a blender. Add the hot rice milk mixture to the blender and blend on a low speed. While blending, pour in the xanthan gum and continue blending for 30 seconds.
- Pour the blended chai hot chocolate back into the sauce pan and place over medium heat, stirring frequently, until your desired temperature is achieved.
- Pour into 4 mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and top with coconut cream and ground cinnamon, if desired.