Bake Believe’s Strawberry Low Carb White Chocolate Icebox Pie
Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours, 40 minutes
For the Crust
- 1 ⅔ cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cup confectioners Swerve
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- ½ cup Bake Believe™ White Baking Chips
- ½ cup plus 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners Swerve
- ¼ teaspoon plus ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup xylitol (you may substitute Swerve for this, but it will result in a less soft texture)
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
For the Garnish
- 2 strawberries, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Press firmly into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake until the crust browns at the edges, about 8 minutes. Place in the freezer to chill.
- Place the ½ cup of heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until bubbles just begin to form around the edges of the pan.
- Add the white baking chips and whisk until melted. Set aside.
- Place the remaining 1 cup heavy cream, ¼ teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons confectioners Swerve in a large chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until you achieve medium peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Blend the strawberries, then strain.
- Return the strained strawberries to the blender along with the remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla, cream cheese, and xylitol. Blend until smooth.
- While the blender is running, sprinkle in the xanthan gum and then pour in the melted baking chips mixture. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture. Set the rest aside in the refrigerator.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the prepared pie crust. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Top the frozen pie with the remaining whipped cream and quartered strawberries. Serve immediately.