Strawberry Frosted Chocolate Donuts
Yield: 8 donuts
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
For the Donuts:
- 3 ounces Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Swerve
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Glaze:
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, green tops removed
- ¾ cup Confectioners Swerve
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 donut baking pans.
- Place the chopped dark bar and butter in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Allow the melted dark bar mixture to cool until just warm.
- Whisk the eggs, 1 at a time, into the dark bar mixture followed by the strong coffee, vanilla, and Swerve.
- Sift in the coconut flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the donut batter until well combined.
- Transfer to a large zip-top bag.
- Cut the tip from the bag and pipe an even amount of batter into the prepared pans to make 8 donuts.
- Bake the donuts until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the donuts to cool for 5 minutes, then loosen with a rubber spatula.
- Carefully remove the donuts from the pans and place on a rack to cool.
- Place the strawberries in a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- Strain the strawberry puree and place in a small bowl.
- Add the Confectioners Swerve and heavy cream and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the strawberry icing on the donuts.
- Allow the frosting to dry for about 15 minutes, then enjoy.