Bake Believe’s Semi-Sweet Mousse with Berries (Paleo/Keto Friendly)
Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Freezer Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can plus 6 tablespoons coconut cream (the kind that can make whipped coconut cream), divided
- ½ tablespoon powdered stevia
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup whole plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped Bake Believe™ Semi-Sweet Baking Chips, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 4 strawberries, sliced, or more as desired
- 12 fresh raspberries, or more as desired
- 12 fresh blackberries, or more as desired
- Place a large metal bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add the 13.5-ounce can of coconut cream to the chilled bowl along with the stevia powder, and whip until medium peaks form. This will make about 3 ½ cups of whipped coconut cream. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the water in a heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow the gelatin to bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, place the remaining 6 tablespoons of coconut cream and 1 cup whole semi-sweet baking chips.
- In a double boiler, melt the bloomed gelation. Alternatively, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- In a double boiler, melt the semi-sweet baking chips and coconut cream. Alternatively, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the coconut cream semi-sweet mixture until well incorporated. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Fold the coconut whipped cream into the chocolate mixture ⅓ at a time. Place the chocolate mousse mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve the mousse with the sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped semi-sweet baking chips and enjoy.