Red Velvet Donuts with White Chocolate Glaze
Yield: 11 donuts
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
For the Donuts:
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup Swerve
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Glaze:
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 2 donut pans that make 6 donuts each (12 total) with avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple cider vinegar, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, Swerve, and baking soda then stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large zip-top bag and cut the tip off of one of the corners.
- Pipe the mixture evenly into the prepared donut pans, filling each well about ¾ full.
- Bake the donuts until they rise, about 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then gently remove with a rubber spatula.
- Place the donuts on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- While the donuts are cooling, make the white chocolate glaze.
- Place the ¾ cup white chips and ½ cup heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Continue stirring until the mixture comes together completely, then transfer to the refrigerator.
- Chill the glaze until it thickens, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- You want the glaze to be about the consistency of honey. If it’s too thick, microwave for about 20 seconds and stir. If it’s too thin, chill in the refrigerator longer.
- Crumble one of the donuts into a bowl to make small crumbs for garnish.
- Dip a donut into the glaze and shake to remove the excess.
- Sprinkle with donut crumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.