Red Velvet Cookies
Yield: 10 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup Bake Believe® White Melting Wafers
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Swerve
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Red food coloring, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and Swerve with an electric mixer until fully mixed.
- Add the egg and mix once more to combine.
- Stir in the vanilla
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Sprinkle the xanthan gum on top.
- Mix the cookie dough thoroughly, then add red food coloring as desired.
- Beat to combine, once more.
- Scoop the dough out onto the prepared cookie sheet to make 10 cookies.
- Wet your fingers and lightly press the cookie dough to flatten it.
- Bake the cookies until they puff up in the center and become slightly darkened around the edges, about 7 minutes.
- Set the cookies aside to cool for 30 minutes. They will firm as they cool.
- In the meantime, place the white melting wafers in a small heat-proof bowl and microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Transfer the melted wafers into a piping bag.
- Pipe zig-zag stripes onto the cookies.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to allow the topping to harden.
- Serve right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.