Bake Believe’s Paleo & Keto Friendly Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
Yield: ~20 cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Swerve
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- â…” cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, Swerve, vanilla, and almond extracts until light and fluffy. Sift in the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt (if using). Mix the dough until fully incorporated
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper and place another sheet on top. Roll the dough between the parchment paper until it is about ¼-inch thick. Place the dough in the parchment paper on a cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough using a 2-inch round cookie cutter and place on the lined cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges just start to turn light brown, about 7 minutes. The cookies will be very soft when they come out, but will firm as they cool. Allow to cool fully on the cookie sheets.
- Place the 1 cup dark chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. (alternatively use a double boiler)
- Transfer the melted chocolate mixture to a small glass that is wide enough for dipping the cookies. Dip the cookies, 1 at a time, halfway into the chocolate and shake off the excess. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator until hardened, about 10 minutes. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve. Enjoy.