Bake Believe’s Paleo & Keto Friendly Chocolate Dipped Candied Ginger (Allergen Free)
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 6 inches fresh ginger, peeled and cut diagonally into long, thin slices
- 3 tablespoons plus ½ cup monkfruit sweetener (not extract) like Lakanto, divided
- ½ cup water
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the 3 tablespoons of monkfruit sweetener in a bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ginger, ½ cup monkfruit sweetener, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a very low simmer for 10 minutes. Immediately transfer the ginger pieces with a fork, one at a time, into the bowl with the sweetener in it. Toss to coat, then place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Place the semi-sweet baking chips in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Transfer the melted semi-sweet baking chips into a very small glass or plastic container. Dip the ginger pieces, one at a time, halfway into the chocolate and shake off the excess. Place on the prepared baking sheet and allow to cool at room temperature until hardened.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool place until ready to eat.