Bake Believe’s Paleo Dark Chocolate Yule Log
Serves 8 – 10
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 12 minutes
For the Cake:
- ½ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, melted
- 5 eggs, divided
- â…” cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the Filling:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Frosting/Topping:
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cranberries
- 4-5 mint leaves
- To make the cake: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, allowing the sides to hang over a bit. Set aside.
- Carefully separate egg yolks from egg whites, reserving both yolks and whites.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and coconut sugar on high speed for 1-2 minutes, until creamy. With the mixer running on low, add the melted dark chocolate, cacao, and almond extract. Continue to mix until incorporated.
- In a separate clean large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed for 3-4 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg white mixture to chocolate mixture and gently fold with a rubber spatula until just incorporated
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a thin, even layer.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cover baking sheet with a damp towel and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling: In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat coconut cream 3-4 minutes, until fluffy. Add maple syrup and beat 1 minute to incorporate.
- Trim the edges of the cake to make a clean rectangle. Spread the whipped coconut cream on the cooled cake, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Starting at one of the short ends of the rectangle, carefully roll the cake like a burrito, using the parchment paper as a guide, until completely rolled. Transfer to refrigerator for 2-3 hours to set.
- To make the frosting: In a small pot, combine dark chocolate chips, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Once chilled, remove frosting from refrigerator and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spread frosting on top of yule log then use the tip of a fork to make a tree bark pattern lengthwise. Top with cranberries and mint leaves. Enjoy.