Bake Believe’s Paleo Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Cooling Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 12 minutes
- â…” cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the microwave or on the stove, melt 1 cup of dark chocolate chips. Set remaining dark chocolate chips aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine melted chocolate, coconut oil, molasses, egg, and vanilla. Process 30 seconds to combine.
- Add almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamom. Pulse until dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a mixing bowl. Add remaining dark chocolate chips and fold to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Shape dough into 24 small balls. Place on prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Press to ½ inch thick.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake 10-12 minutes, until slightly puffed.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet. Carefully transfer to a wire rack for 20 minutes, or until completely cool. Enjoy.