Orange-Chocolate Mousse Pumpkins
Yield: 3 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- 6 tablespoons Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3 oranges
- ½ tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup plus ¾ cup heavy cream, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Confectioners Swerve
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- Carefully cut a pumpkin face into each orange using a paring knife, being sure to cut through the skin completely.
- Cut the top off of each orange.
- Cut a small slice from the bottom to help the orange stand up. Be sure not to cut all the way through the skin so that your mousse doesn’t leak out of the bottom.
- Using a spoon, scoop the inside flesh from the orange into a large bowl. Enjoy as a snack or set aside for another use.
- Place the ½ tablespoon water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- Allow to bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, combine the dark chips, ½ cup heavy cream, bloomed gelatin, and orange extract (if using).
- Place in the microwave and cook in 30-second intervals, whisking in between, until melted.
- Set the chocolate mixture aside to cool until it is no longer warm, whisking occasionally.
- In the meantime, place a medium bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ¾ cup heavy cream, Confectioners Swerve, and vanilla to the chilled bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream, ⅓ at a time, into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the mousse to a piping bag or zip-top bag.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator to chill and firm up for 2 hours.
- Pipe the chocolate mousse into the pumpkins.
- Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.