Bake Believe’s No Sugar Added Chocolate-Orange Mousse
Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1 orange
- 2 cups plus 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioner’s Swerve
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the peel from half of the orange. Turn the peel over and use a sharp knife to cut the white part from the peel. Thinly slice the peel and allow to dry at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the mousse. As the peel dries, it will curl slightly.
- Place a large metal bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Add the 2 cups of heavy cream, confectioner’s Swerve, and vanilla to the bowl and beat until you achieve stiff peaks. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the water in a heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow the gelatin to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Place the bloomed gelatin, 1 cup semi-sweet chips, and 1 cup heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. (alternatively use a double boiler)
- Place ¾ cup of whipped cream into a piping bag and set aside. Fold the remaining whipped cream 1 at a time, into the melted chocolate mixture. Transfer the chocolate mousse into another piping bag.
- Pipe the chocolate mousse into 12 (2-ounce) glasses. Top each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with orange zest and the remaining chopped chocolate. Place the chocolate mousse in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.