Molten Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
Yield: 2 mug cakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooling Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ cup Confectioners Swerve
- Pinch of salt
- Keto-friendly vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Spray 2 microwave-safe mugs with cooking spray.
- Place the dark chips and butter in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Set the mixture aside to cool until no longer hot.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking to incorporate after each addition.
- Add the almond flour, Confectioners Swerve, and salt then whisk to combine.
- Evenly distribute the cake batter among the 2 prepared mugs.
- Microwave the mug cakes, one at a time, until they puff up around the edges but are still uncooked in the middle, about 45 seconds.
- Top with ice cream, if desired, and serve immediately.