Mexican Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes (+ 20 minutes cooling)
- 1 cup Bake Believe ® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons monkfruit-erythritol sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 18 small keto-friendly marshmallows
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk cocoa, sweetener, cinnamon, chili, and salt.
- Set out a silicone 12 count half sphere mold. Cavities should measure about 2-3 inches in diameter.
- In the microwave or on the stove, melt dark chocolate baking chips until just smooth, stirring often.
- Scoop about 1 Tablespoon melted chocolate into half sphere molds. Use the back of a spoon to spread chocolate up to the edges to coat the cavity.
- Place molds on a sheet pan. Transfer to refrigerator for 20 minutes, until completely set.
- Carefully remove chocolate from molds. If any break at the edges, spread a bit more melted chocolate and return to refrigerator until set. Place chocolate half spheres on the cold sheet pan.
- Flip 6 half spheres over and fill with divide cocoa mixture between them. Top each with 3 marshmallows.
- Run a plate under hot water until warm. One at a time, place the remaining half spheres edge-down on the hot plate to slightly melt the edges. Place over the cocoa mixture and gently press edges of half spheres to seal. Repeat to make 6 bombs.
- Drizzle each bomb with remaining melted chocolate then sprinkle with cayenne (optional).
- To serve, place bomb into a mug and pour 6-8oz hot milk of your choice over top. Stir to melt.