Keto Mint Chip Icebox Pie
Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours, 35 minutes
For the Crust:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 â…” cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons Confectioners Swerve
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
For the Filling:
- ½ cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- Green food coloring, as desired (optional)
- ½ cup plus ¾ cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons Confectioners Swerve
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- â…” cup xylitol (Xylitol makes a softer pie than Swerve as it does not crystalize as much)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust, place the melted butter in a medium bowl.
- Sift in the almond flour, Confectioners Swerve, and cocoa powder. Stir well to combine.
- Firmly and evenly press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake the crust for 7 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine the green food coloring and ½ cup heavy cream. If using green food coloring, make the color a little stronger. It will become lightened when you add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the cream and food coloring until bubbles begin to form around the edges and it begins to steam. Stir until the food coloring is fully incorporated.
- Remove the cream from the heat and add in the white baking chips. Whisk until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place a large bowl in the freezer to chill for at least 5 minutes.
- In the bowl, combine the remaining ¾ cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of Confectioners Swerve, and mint extract.
- Beat with an electric mixer until medium peaks form. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- Place the softened cream cheese and xylitol in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- With the mixer running, pour in the melted white chocolate mixture, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Fold the chilled whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture followed by the ½ cup chopped semi-sweet baking chips.
- Pour into the cooled crust and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour the 1 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Heat until bubbles begin to form around the edges, then remove from the heat.
- Add the ¼ cup semi-sweet baking chips and whisk until smooth.
- Cut the pie and drizzle with the chocolate. Alternatively, the chocolate drizzle can be placed in a piping bag and piped on top of the pie.
- Serve immediately.