Bake Believe’s Keto Friendly Pumpkin Seed Dark Chocolate Toffee
Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
For the Toffee Layer
- ½ cup granulated sugar alternative like Swerve
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
For the Topping
- ½ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar alternative and butter. Place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over low heat and cook until golden in color, about 2-3 minutes. Immediately stir in the 1 cup pumpkin seeds and pour the hot mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes or until completely hardened.
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate over the hardened toffee and sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds and sea salt (if using). Set aside at room temperature until the chocolate is hardened.
- Cut the toffee into pieces and serve or store in an airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy.