Bake Believe’s Keto Friendly Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Butterscotch Glaze
Yield: 16 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
For the Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar alternative like Sukin Gold
- ½ cup heavy cream
- â…› teaspoons xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
For the Cake:
- 1 ¼ cups plus ¾ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- 1 ¼ cups strong coffee
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar alternative like Sukin Gold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the 4 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the butter begins to turn golden brown and smell nutty. Add in the ¼ cup brown sugar alternative, heavy cream, xanthan gum, and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes, and remove from the heat. Cover the glaze with plastic wrap and press down into the glaze so that it does not form a skin on top. Set aside to cool at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Generously butter a 9-inch bundt pan.
- Place the coffee, 5 tablespoons butter, 1 ¼ cups dark chocolate chips, 1 ¼ cups brown sugar alternative, and vanilla in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. (alternatively use a double boiler)
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the melted chocolate mixture. Sift in the coconut flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in the remaining ¾ cup dark chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake in the oven until the middle is just set, about 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then turn the bundt cake out onto a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature. Spoon the glaze onto the cake and serve. Enjoy.