Keto Chocolate Mousse Cake
Yield: 8 slices
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours
For the Cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Mousse Layer:
- 5 ounces Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup plus 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Confectioners Swerve
For the Ganache Layer:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Swerve, and vanilla for the cake.
- Sift in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased springform pan. Bake until the middle is set, about 9 minutes.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator.
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle on the gelatin. Set aside to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Stir the gelatin mixture, then add it to a small saucepan along with the ¾ cup of heavy cream.
- Place over medium heat and stir until the mixture begins to steam and the gelatin has melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the 5 ounces of chopped dark baking bar to the heavy cream mixture and stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Set aside.
- Place a large bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Pour the 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream into the bowl along with the ¼ cup of Confectioners Swerve.
- Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the gelatin and dark bar mixture and whip until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the whipped mixture on top of the cake layer and spread evenly. Cover and place in the refrigerator while you make the ganache layer.
- Pour the remaining ½ cup heavy cream into a saucepan and place over medium heat until it begins to steam. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining 2 ounces of chopped dark baking bar and stir until completely melted.
- Pour this melted mixture on top of the whipped mixture and tilt the pan to evenly distribute.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
- Run a knife around the edges and remove the springform side. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy.